07/11/2011

Grown up Lolita.

Here are the results of a lovely shoot I took part in the other week titled "Grown up Lolita". I had just finished reading Lolita and also watching the 1962 film and thought that it would be interesting to play around with what she would look like a few years later. She's a girl who I imagine would grow up to know exactly how to wiggle her hips and pout over her shoulder at admiring male glances. Conversely I don't think she would ever lose her childish attitude to life (many debates could ensue regarding her stolen childhood and loss of innocence to Humbert Humbert but I don't need to go into that now). So with this in mind I paired clashing patterns, a t-shirt with a pencil skirt, a dress with frilly cotton socks- Lolita is getting dressed in grown up clothes but then stumbling and throwing on her usual comfort items. A pretty major source of inspiration were the videos for Lana Del Ray. She had the little girl, bit trashy, big hair, half grown up look I wanted to go for. I hope that sort of makes sense! I need to thank everyone on the shoot because it was such a lovely day and everyone was wonderful to work with. Each person brought out amazing ideas for every shot and I think we collaborated really well.

Photography: Christine Kreiselmaier
Model: Sydney Lima
Hair and Make-up: Jodie Hazlewood
Styling: Isabella Sumner
Styling assistant: Katie Tillyer
Photography assistant: Iona Vrabie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment