19/06/2011

NYC Swag

A blow by blow account of all the things I bought while in New York would be boring, but the edited highlights are shown below. The shorts and top I bought at the Opening Ceremony sample sale, and were certainly worth queuing for an hour in the punishing midday sun for. I was so pleased to find a Peter Pilotto piece too, adding a little slice of hype to my wardrobe. So nice to be able to wear pink again now my hair is blonde! It was also satisfying that the two pieces work really well together as well as on their own. Now I'm back in rainy old London the summery colours don't work so well.

The cuff is a little souvenir from Trash and Vaudeville , which I was really looking forward to but found what was inside a little disappointing, and probably much more expensive than the equivalent in Camden market.

Finally, the book of the Alexander Macqueen exhibition at the Met. I haven't been to such a brilliant exhibition for a long time, and felt quite moved at times, realising that the show must have been being planned for quite some time before his death. So, I thought it was fitting to buy the coffee-table tome to take home with me, despite the fact that I'm sure it almost tipped me over my baggage weight allowance.

nycs1

nycs2

nycs3

Shorts - Opening Ceremony
Top - Peter Pilotto
Cuff - Trash and Vaudeville

No comments:

Post a Comment