17/05/2011

Life's a Bleach

On Monday I finally took the plunge and trotted along to BLEACH salon to get my beloved red stripped out, in exchange for blonde. For those of you who haven't been listening to me consult them endlessly on this for the last month or so, red hair is a pretty difficult colour to maintain, and fantastically difficult and expensive to remove. To give you an idea, I had a consultation with another salon to discuss it, and they told me that I'd be better off just cutting it all off.

Bleach salon is without a doubt the best hairdressing experience I've ever had - it feels like hanging out in your friend's kitchen, if all your friends happen to be professional hairdressers and manicurists. They work with WAH nails in the underbelly of Topshop (but don't let that put you off, it's pretty safe from the prying eyes of customers). If you have a hair challenge - a dye job gone wrong or you want a colour that other salons will balk at, Bleach is the place to go. There was none of the lacklustre examining of my hair and tutting at my use of home dyes that I've experienced elsewhere. They didn't even scoff at my tendency to cut my own fringe. They're adventurous enough to try pretty much anything, but they're good enough at their job to know exactly how far they can push it.

My hair is now a bright golden blonde, and its amazing how soft it still is, considering what it's been through. Despite what other salons said, all the colour lifted out brilliantly, which just goes to show that nothing is impossible until you've asked Bleach.

Below you can see the stages that my hair went through during my afternoon in the basement of Topshop. First, the bleach bath (pre-lightening with a mixture of bleach and shampoo). Next, the main bleach application, complete with glamorous self-heating plastic bag. Finally - BLONDE!

If anyone wants to join me, I'll be back at the end of the summer for one of their temporary colour treatments - I've got my eye on a particular peachy shade of pink.

hairblog

No comments:

Post a Comment